Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My first heart rate monitor watch

I have to admit I've been having difficulty finding my pulse to count beats when I take a break during exercise to check if I'm in my target heart rate zone.  So I finally came across a heart monitor watch that looked simple and was very reasonably priced.  I wanted one to count my heart beats, not decipher log rhythms or have GPS capability.  So I bought it, read the instructions, input my personal data easily, and so far I really like it.  It gives me an indication of the effort and energy I need to be exerting to be in my zone for burning fat. All I have to do is press the mode button until the little heart on the face blinks, place my index finger over the area so it can read the pulses in my finger, and in a few seconds the heart monitor calculates and displays my heart beats per minute.  I don't have to find my pulse or wear a strap around my chest. Simple. I really like simple.

Now, you go and find one of your own so you can know your beats per minute while exercising. And go back and review my posting on getting fit and calculating your heart target zone numbers.

You know rebounding is one of my favorite exercises, not at all like jumping on a trampoline as the young lad in the photo below, but if I were a kid again,  I'd definitely try jumping this high. The good thing is there does look to be a high enough protective net around this trampoline to keep trampoliners from tumbling off onto the ground. Go to my Fitness page and see the Yoga Bounce Video on the mini-trampoline/rebounder I enjoy for exercising and raising my heart rate. Just bouncing and doing upper arm resistance exercises while bouncing or jogging on the rebounder really gets my heart rate up. Now you go out and get your owe have fun while getting fit and losing weight. 

jumping on trampoline for fun and fitness 
Photo credit: click from morguefile.com

 I think heart rate monitor watches are gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment